Wallpaper Prints We’ve Used and Love in Minnesota Homes
“I thought I was over my wallpaper phase, but looking at what you have online has me right back into it. Oh, some of the papers are so gorgeous!” – Hirshfield’s customer K.M.
A few months ago K.M. saw a white birch bark wallpaper in an Arizona model home and could not get the paper off her mind. She emailed Hirshfield’s and I happened to have a sample roll of the paper in my office. Karma. The birch bark paper is really a paper-thin sheet of cork, adhered to a paper backing, and dyed white. K.M. plans on hanging the paper in a powder room.
Inquiring minds want to know? What are people hanging in their homes? Jane Hedin, skilled paper hanger and long-time Hirshfield’s customer, shares intel on recent wallpaper jobs:
- Dining Room – String, navy damask, and Sanderson green floral. All four walls were papered in these dining rooms – no feature walls.
- Kitchen – Candice Olson geometric pattern
- Entryway – Birch Trees by York Wlcvg.
- Hallway – Natural Reeds
- Stairwell and Entry – Zoffany vinyl texture
- Powder Room – Best of Show by Osborne and Little (black and white), Candice Olson Squiggle (glass beads), Thibaut chinoiserie, and Schumacher’s Imperial Trellis
- Ladies Dressing Room – Nudes (black and white)
- Mid-Century Modern Home – Black and white mural