My all time favorite window treatment is the Silhouette® by Hunter Douglas. If you’re not familiar with the Silhouette®, it’s a horizontal shade with fabric vanes suspended between two sheers.
Why I like the Silhouette® :
- it works in contemporary, traditional, and casual room settings
- depending on your decorating taste, it can stand alone or side panels can be added to dress it up
- visually, it’s a pretty shade
- you can see through to the outside when the vanes are opened
- it’s a full privacy shade when the vanes are closed
- the shade disappears into the fabric-covered headrail when raised
- beautiful neutrals, with over 200 fabric and color selections
- the vanes are available in 2″, 3″, or 4″
Guest post from Michele Maxx, Hirshfield’s Roseville location.
P.S. In the 2011 “Oscars” of the window covering industry, the Silhouette® shade won “Best Overall Concept.