Remember when House Beautiful came out with their 500+ Favorite Paint Colors publication last May…fast forward to May 2011 and they have a brand-new iPad app for all us color junkies. Here are highlights from their press release and a video clip.
“This app is an incredibly useful — and fun — tool for homeowners, decorators and their clients, and anyone looking to add a little color to their home,” said Newell Turner, editor-in-chief of House Beautiful. “Whether you’re searching for the perfect paint color to set off the artwork in your living room, or just looking for inspiration, our app takes a deep dive into one of our favorite topics — color.”
House Beautiful’s 500+ Favorite Paint Colors App has four key content areas with multiple levels of functionality that include:
- Color River: A scrolling “river” where users can browse 669 paint colors and sort by any combination of Colors (pink, purples, bright, warm, etc.); Spaces (kitchen, living room, north-facing room, etc.); or Moods (cozy, look younger, energizing, etc.). And, users can read what interior designers have to say about using the specific color.
- Editors’ Picks: Color collections of the best-of the-best recommendations from the editors of House Beautiful in 10 different hues.
- Color Personality Tool: Some numerologists are convinced that color can be a clue to your personality, basing their theories on the relationship between numbers, colors, and the alphabet. House Beautiful’s 500+ Favorite Paint Colors users simply type in their name, and their color personality is revealed. Once the color is determined, four paint color recommendations that match the user’s personality are provided.
- My Paint Box: While navigating through the app and discovering favorite colors, users can tap the “Add to My Paint Box” option to store the color swatch and paint name in their personal paint box. Users can also select up to four colors to conduct a side-by-side comparison.
- Social Media and Email Integration: House Beautiful’s 500+ Favorite Paint Colors integrates with Facebook, Twitter and email, allowing users to share content with their friends and family.
- It would be a useful tool to point you in the right color direction when it comes time to select paint colors.
- You and your spouse could weed out colors before even stepping into a paint store.
- FYI – Benjamin Moore and Ralph Lauren paints are showcased in the app and those are two lines Hirshfield’s carries.
- I like re-reading comments from different designers on why they choose a color.
- I don’t like that time flies by when I’m using the app.
- Never choose a paint color off a computer image; get a paint sample at Hirshfield’s and see how the color plays with other finishes and the lighting in your room.
So, what do you think? How do you see yourself using the app? Or do you see yourself using the app? Leave a comment and let us know what you think.