There are hundreds of options available to consumers when it comes to choosing window treatments. Hunter Douglas realized that many consumers do online research before stepping into a dealer showroom (Hirshfield’s) and they are making it easier with iMagine™ Design Center. This existing online interactive tool has been enhanced this past year and has already won three industry awards*.
Some of the newly enhanced functions:
- Upload your own photos so you can see how Hunter Douglas products will look in your home.
- Provides photo tips in the beginning so consumers can take the best photo to take full advantage of the tool.
- Store your uploaded photos in the “My Workbook” feature for future reference.
- It can even show you the window treatment as an inside or outside mount on the window frame.
- Recognizes opacities in consumer’s room; i.e. room lighting will darken if an opaque fabric is selected and brighten with a sheer.
- Mask out objects that are in front of windows, objects will be shown in front of added window treatments not covered by the added window treatment.
- Offers views of multiple windows within a room.
In addition to all their a-mazing products, Hunter Douglas has over 4,500 colors, materials, and fabrics from which to choose. As easy as it was to upload my photos, mix and match different products, my preference is to start the process in the store. I am a tactile person and I love to touch and feel the fabrics, pull cords or not, and use the remote controls. If I have a funky space or window I take a picture and bring in my camera and show it to the salesperson. When I go into the store I tell them my ideas, but I always ask what they personally would do if it were their home. I recognize they are the experts and I value their opinions and product knowledge.
Back to the iMagine™Design Center: it’s a great site to learn, “play around” and explore possibilities. Then, bring those ideas to a window fashions designer at Hirshfield’s for their expert opinions. Web-based tools are great, but they cannot foresee the subtleties and nuances that must not be overlooked in your decorating project.
Visit the Hirshfield’s website and check out the mail-in rebates being offered on select Hunter Douglas treatments from January 14-April 29, 2011.
Behind the Scenes…
*This new Upload Your Own Photo tool won a Best-in-Class award from the Window Covering Manufacturers Association, even before it was released to the public.
In the Online Media Marketing & Advertising (OMMA) Awards, the Upload your Own Photo feature won in the House and Home Category for Web Site Excellence.
It also won a Silver Award in Consumer Goods Category of the W3 Awards. The W3 Awards honors creative excellence on the Web and is sanctioned by the International Academy of Visual Arts.