This past Thursday, Michelle Lamb, co-founder of Marketing Directions, which specializes in home furnishings color and trend forecasting, held a color and trends workshop for 70 Hirshfield’s employees. We learned of a number of design trends to look for in 2010 and 2011, which we found in this whimsical squirrel platter. Thus it became the Friday Find, along with a couple fashionable forest friends.
I spy with my little eyes:
- turquoise background – Pantone color of the year 2010
- coral flowers – from hot orange to soft peach
- turquoise and orange color combo
- floral – all shapes and sizes
- smaller scale of flowers fits with the look of country – have you seen Pottery Barn’s winter catalog?
- animal and fowl motifs – birds are very popular, particularly OWLS
- layering and embellishing – fabrics, towels, bedding, dishes, furniture, wallpaper, metallics, stencils, wall decals, trims
Taking a rustic, north woods feel to the edge with a modern twist, these fun oval platters will suit your fancy. Multi-functional as serving trays, displayed with an easel, or as wall decor. Made in the south of France, these images are laminated to recycled wood using a century old technique.
The size is 16″ L x10.5″ W
I apologize for the lateness of this weeks “find.” I had a little technical difficulty/operator error issue.