Decorating your loft or condo can be very different than decorating a larger house — you have to be sure to make the most out of the space you have. Here are some of my top tips for styling your loft or condo:
- Make the most of your focal points: Highlight unique spots in your home, such as walls with a fireplace or windows with a great view. For example, if you’re going to splurge on silk panels for a window, make sure to put them on the best window in the space.
- Be creative with storage: In most lofts, storage space is at a premium, so you must make the most of any space available. You may have great vertical options, and you can even turn the storage space into a decor piece in a room, such as using shelves with baskets that look great and also hide your clutter.
- Be bold: Don’t be afraid to use a bold paint color or unique wallcovering on accent walls (usually the wall with the least interruptions). While painting your entire loft in bold hues might be a bit much, a bright accent wall can be just right.
- Select appropriate furniture: Although this may seem obvious, make sure to consider the size of the space when picking out furniture – don’t purchase an oversized or sectional couch for a smaller space that might not be able to accommodate it.
- Invest in great art: One fantastic piece of art to display in the main living space will allow you to build your whole design scheme around it, and set the tone for decorating your loft or condo.