October is Window Covering Safety Month. It’s a nationwide effort to remind parents and caregivers to check their window coverings for exposed or dangling cords that can pose a hazard to infants and young children.
Here are some tips from the Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC) to keep in mind:
- Move all furniture, cribs, beds and climbable surfaces away from windows.
- Keep all window cords well out of the reach of children.
- Install only cordless window coverings in homes with young children.
- Make sure tasseled pull cords are as short as possible. Continuous-loop pull cords on draperies and vertical blinds should be pulled tight and anchored to the floor or wall.
- Be sure cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit inner-cord movement.
Save this month on save window coverings for your home with Hirshfield’s! Receive a Free LiteRise® cordless lifting system with the purchase of Hunter Douglas Duette Architella honeycomb shades, Silhouette window shadings or Vignette Tiered™ Roman Shades. The LiteRise system lets you raise and lower your shades or blinds with the touch of a finger. Plus, it eliminates dangling pull cords to provide a safer environment for children and pets.
This month Hirshfield’s is also offering a cordless system upgrade on Hirshfield’s Premier Collection cellular shades as well as the Sienna collection. Talk to your local Hirshfield’s Certified Window Treatment Professional for more information and details on these special offers!
Hirshfield’s is your local Minneapolis-St. Paul paint retailer. The paint experts at Hirshfield’s are here to help you with everything from window-treatments to paint colors. Hirshfield’s manufactures paint right here in Minneapolis.