Hunter Douglas and Hirshfield’s can help with the season of giving promotion offering generous rebates on a selection of stylish, green-conscious window fashions
Creating a home with a festive and inviting ambience without breaking the bank is on every savvy homeowner’s agenda this season. Hunter Douglas and Hirshfield’s are offering The Season of Giving Promotion from September 25 to December 15, 2009, allowing you to save big on select window fashions that not only enhance your décor, but also help conserve energy to create a more inviting and comfortable setting for entertaining family and friends. Rebates range from $25 to $600 per window on a wide variety of the most popular Hunter Douglas window fashions.
Hirshfield’s and Hunter Douglas offer the following tips for creating an environmentally friendly and welcoming holiday setting this season:
• While wrapping presents to go under the tree, save extra ribbon and use it to “gift wrap” throw pillows like packages to give your sofa a festive feel.
• Use recyclable, colorful paper when wrapping presents to create an inviting atmosphere with a rich color palette for your living room. After the presents are opened, either save the paper and ribbon to re-use next year or take all used paper to your local recycling center.
• To keep warm air in and cold air out and your energy bills in check, consider replacing your current window treatments with Duette® Architella® honeycomb shades. With their highly energy-efficient honeycomb-within-a-honeycomb design, they can reduce heat loss at the window by up to 50 percent. They also keep cool air in during summer months, making this a one-time investment in your home that delivers savings all year-round. Save $25 per shade during this promotion.
• Use fewer lights when decorating the tree and instead work with brightly colored, reflective ornaments to light up the room. Plug in tree lights and nearby TVs, VCRs and appliances to a power strip that turns them all off with one easy click, therefore reducing energy costs for unused electronics.
• Although it might sound surprising, turn your heat down and your ceiling fan on. Lowering your thermostat by just one degree can reduce costs by about four percent, while a ceiling fan helps distribute the warm air across the room. Hang mistletoe from the ceiling fan (not to the blades) to add a romantic and cheerful holiday touch to the room.
• Consider Silhouette® window shadings featuring soft fabric vanes suspended between two sheer facings that gently diffuse incoming light to cast a warm glow across the room. They can even block up to 88 percent of the sun’s harmful UV rays with the vanes open while still letting in light and maintaining a beautiful, soft-focus view of the outside. Save $75 per shade during this promotion.
With these easy tips, homeowners can create more stylish and comfortable surroundings for holiday entertaining while saving on energy costs and doing their part to protect the environment at the same time.
Hunter Douglas and Hirshfield’s are also offering free upgrades to the LiteRise® cordless lifting system, which eliminates operating cords and helps make homes safer for children and pets, on every purchase of Vignette® Tiered™ Modern Roman Shades and Duette® honeycomb shades between September 25 and November 16, 2009.
With hundreds of years combined experience, the salespeople at Hirshfield’s stores and SHOP AT HOME are experts in the field of custom window fashions and making your home that much more special during the holiday season.